Yes, just take a look at the sample images taken with the Photomast. The Photomast is designed by and for photographers, and is very stable because it is made of strong carbon fiber which reduces vibration. We recommend using a shutter speed of 1/125 sec. or faster. Using ISO levels between 200 and 800, you can easily work in even a cloudy environment. The Photomast combines speed, ease of handling, and weight. When retracted, the Photomast can be easily transported.
A tripod base mainly has disadvantages and no advantages. Disadvantages of a tripod base:
- The pole is tilted on uneven ground.
- Extra weight, extra transporting space needed, plus extra costs.
- Sinks into soft ground.
- Needs more space and increases the risk of trip.
- Using a tripod, the advantages of using small movements from the hand, arm, and body to rectify and adjust the composition, disappear.
- Lower point of gravity than when using your hand, making the pole more unstable.
- A large tripod only makes sense when working for an extended period using one focus point, and when the base spans more than 3 meters. Additionally, you need to have the ability to level the tripod.
- Tripods are large, heavy and expensive, and thus lose the advantage of speed and easy transport. Often tripod systems come equipped with an electric pan and tilt motor, which again adds extra weight and cost.
- The Photomast has been tested with five kg of weight on the top, and the whole construction is strong enough to carry that.
- The ideal weight of the camera lens is under 2,8 kilograms, to enable the pole to extend easily.
- The lighter the camera/lens combination, the easier you can work. Heavy long focus length lenses are not recommended because of the narrow angle, high shutter speed and increased weight.
- Most of the photos on the Photomast site are made using a Nikon D700 with 14 – 24mm 2.8 lens and the weight of this combination is 2.15 kg!
Both systems function well in combination with the Photomast. The Gigtube is simple but effective. The shutter release button on the LCD screen works the same as on the camera: press lightly to focus and again to take the image The camera must be set correctly before extending the pole. The Gigtube LCD has a lower resolution than a smartphone, but for determining the composition, the Gigtube is good enough and the image is clearly visible. The Camranger is a clever little device that creates a Wi – Fi network you can capture using an iPhone, smartphone, iPad (mini) or tablet. Using the free app for iOS or Android, you can fully control the camera, even when the camera is already up in the air. The Camranger gives complete control over ISO, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, and you can even set a grid to help you easily level up the horizon.
During the development of the rubber base, we had the following requirements:
- Large enough to assist during the extension of the Photomast.
- Prevent slipping by adjusting the rubber feet at the bottom.
- Large enough to avoid sinking into the soil.
- Waterproof and sturdy, so the tubes cannot fill up with water.
- Weight should not add to much to the total weight of the pole.
- When laying the Photomast on the ground, along with the triangle spacer, the base should keep the Photomast and camera completely of the ground as to avoid scratching.
It is not recommended to walk around with the pole when it is extended over 4 meters. Up to 4 meters, the Photomast including the camera can be easily moved.
There are advantages and disadvantages to using a drone: Advantage: using a professional drone allows creation of beautiful aerial photographs. Disadvantages :
- A drone is very expensive.
- You need to be licensed, which also means you have to keep the necessary records and logs.
- You need special permits to use the drone in most areas. flying without a license, fines in the Netherlands are up to € 7,800.
- The general public are generally unhappy with ‘spying’ drones in their vicinity.
Fiberglass is indeed cheaper, but (colored) fiberglass is less stable and weaker in comparison to black carbon fiber. Carbon fiber also has a much higher degree of vibration reduction than fiberglass. In addition, carbon fiber is three times more stiff and 30 percent lighter than fiberglass. Carbon fiber is therefore the best material to trust your expensive camera to. The two materials that are used for tripods are aluminum and carbon fiber. Aluminum is heavier and weaker than carbon fiber, which is the reason the Photomast is made of carbon fiber. The two materials that are used for tripods are aluminum and carbon fiber. Aluminum is heavier and weaker than carbon fiber, which is the reason the Photomast is made of carbon fiber.
Yes, we ship the Photomast all over the world. Send us your address and we will tell you the shipment costs.